MKS

A house can catch fire, there can be a short circuit

by:MKS     2020-07-14
Below mentioned are few electrical safety tips: Listen carefully to a Breaker: A breaker that trips regularly and immediately after resetting is giving you a hint that there is an electrical problem. Most of the cases, it is the breaker that is to be blamed and in some cases it is the electrical load on the circuit. Severe electrical problem can also be a cause of trip. If you continuously press the breaker, it will catch fire. So it is advisable to call an electrician and get it fixed. Educate Yourself When to Flee and when to Fight: There is a strong recommendation from fire-fighters to get out of the house if you witness a fire due to electrical breakage or any other reason. Once you step out of the house call the fire department and wait for them and solve the problem. In between if you are sure of fighting the fire then be on the ground in such a position that you are not blocked between the entrance and the exit by the fire. Always avoid Water on an Electrical Fire: Water is a good conductor of fire and hence it adds to the volume. It will lead it grow larger. Grabbing a bucket of water is definitely too tempting but it should be strictly avoided. Instead use a chemical fire extinguisher to blow the fire. Fire Extinguishers should be used effectively: It is recommended to do a crash course on usage of fire extinguisher. One should understand its mechanism and advantages. Pulling a pin to turning on the nozzle, all should be well understood. Fix the light that flickers or trip: Light fixture or a loose wiring splice can lead to a hazard and hence should be replaced. One solution to this can be by cutting the fixture and investigating the supply wiring and the fixture. Replace the suspected fixture along with the new professional-grade types of wire connectors. A Faceplate of an Outlet that is warm should be Investigated: there can be an electrical short circuit with presence of extra large electrical load operating on outlet, loose electrical splice or undersized wiring. If the switches are warm it is a danger signal. The best solution is to cut power and investigate. One can look for melted connections, burned insulation and loose splice. Evaluating wattage of device along with repairs is needed. One should move device to another circuit if needed or call the electrician in worst situations. Avoid Extended cords wrapped in electrical tape and with loose ends: Extension on their use and its wear and tear can lead to damage of the cord. The best solution to this is cutting off the damaged cords and replacing loose ends. Ensure there is a regular heat exchanger service if it is installed, as its voltage consumption is really high. Fix Ceiling Fans that Wobble: There is a possibility of electric shocks and hazards when there is an imbalance of installed fan. In such instances one should replace the box and ensure the damaged or missing hardware. Balance of fans, reinstall or cut power is a good solution before fixing a final solution. One should ensure the wiring of the house is done well along with getting appliances which are certified and made as per the set and eligible standards. Ensure products of high voltage are kept away from reach of children and older's. It is better to take precautions rather than regretting in future.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...